In many places, there is a long-standing wedding tradition that the couple not see each other on their wedding day. This originates from a time when marriages were pre-arranged, and the couple were unable to communicate with one another until they reached the altar.
If you haven’t already heard of one, a First Look is when the couple see each other before the ceremony. Typically, they have a private moment together where they can share a hug, exchange a few words, and maybe even shed some tears of happiness together.
Doing a first look on your wedding day is becoming increasingly popular for couples.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should consider a first look!
• It’s a great way to start your wedding day and it gives you a chance to pause from all the excitement and put the focus on what really matters – your love story.
• You will share a beautiful and private moment together that you will both cherish forever.
• You’ll have beautiful portraits together – First looks are a beautiful experience to capture. They have a sense of intimacy that’s different from any of the other portraits you’ll take that day.
• Reaction photos are often better without the added pressure of everyone watching during the walk down the aisle. With the pressure off, the couple have time to focus on each other’s reactions.
• You’ll have more time for portraits – Instead of having a rushed session right after the ceremony, you will have more time with your photographer. If anything is missed before the ceremony, you will still have time to capture the portraits that you want.
• You will look and feel your best at the start of your wedding day – makeup, hair, and clothing will still be fresh and perfect.
• Having a first look can help ease nerves, so you can feel more present and be able to fully enjoy the moment when you take your walk down the aisle.
• It allows you more time with your wedding party – When you do a first look, you’ll have ample opportunity to take group photos after them. It will also give your bridal party some breathing room during cocktail hour!
• You’ll get to spend more time with your guests – With photos having been taken earlier the couple will likely be able to attend their cocktail hour. This is also a great opportunity for guests to mingle with the newlyweds.
• You’ll have more time to enjoy your wedding day – Instead of feeling rushed, you will be able to relax and take in all the wonderful moments that are happening.
As you can see, there are so many benefits to having a first look on your wedding day! If you’re on the fence about whether or not to do one, hopefully, this article has helped sway you in the right direction.
In case you’re still on the fence, take a look at these stunning first look photos!
Be the first to comment